El Hogar Obrero Project

  • Why in times of crisis is it important to build the Historical Archive of El Hogar Obrero?

We are aware of the difficulties to collaborate in the current context. However, the factors that impact on document deterioration do not know about times of crisis. With each passing day, the risk of irrecoverable loss of the documentary heritage of one of the entities with the greatest economic and social importance in the history of the country increases. This project is an opportunity not only to safeguard the historical heritage of El Hogar Obrero, but also to make it available to the community, promote its dissemination and preserve collective memory.

  • What does the patronage program consist of?

It consists of an indirect subsidy granted by the government of the City of Buenos Aires to fund cultural projects. By indirect we mean that the government does not contribute funds but rather resigns tax collection in gross income that is destined to the chosen cultural project.

  • What is the opportunity associated with this program?

For the taxpayers, it implies fulfilling their tax obligations while contributing to a cultural project that they know and support. The same money paid as tax that was going to be destined to repair a hole in a street, can now be directed to the construction of the historical memory and the institutional present of El Hogar Obrero. In this way, a fiscal obligation becomes a social contribution with a purpose chosen by the taxpayers themselves.

  • Can I offset the whole amount I paid to the project against gross income tax?

According to the program, 80% of your payment can be considered payment on account. As a way to offset the remaining 20%, for institutional taxpayers, the corporate image of the contributor is linked to that of the project, and that participation is disclosed; while for individuals, in addition to being listed as patrons of the project on our website, we prepare a symbolic reward in appreciation for their contribution.

  • If I do not own a big company, can I still contribute?

Yes. The program includes both local taxpayers and a simplified regime. In the first case, up to 10% of the tax determined from the previous year can be considered as payment on account (for example, if during the entire previous year you paid a total of $ 30,000, the maximum amount to be considered as payment on account is $ 3,000.) In the case of the simplified regime, the total amount paid in the year (that is, 100% of the bi-monthly payments in each category) can be considered as payment on account.

  • Is the process difficult?

It is simple. An online payment slip is issued through the Federal Revenue Authority (AGIP) webpage. Our team provides a person to give assistance throughout the process.

  • I am not a taxpayer at the City of Buenos Aires, can I still participate?

If your legal domicile is in another jurisdiction but the goods or services invoiced have the City of Buenos Aires as final destination, you can still participate, because the program includes a Multilateral Agreement.

  • If I do not have to pay gross income tax, can I contribute?

Yes. The construction of the Archive does not end in the patronage program. We have several simple ways to make contributions. In each case, we try to repay the effort of the contributor.

  • Where does my contribution go if I participate in the patronage program?

80% of the contribution goes to an account of the Ministry of Culture of the City of Buenos Aires, and 20% to El Hogar Obrero. The project must raise 80% of the target amount (ARS 560,000) so that the funds that are deposited in the Ministry of Culture’s account are released.

  • What happens if the 80% of the target amount is not raised?

For the taxpayers, the payment on account made still counts towards their taxes. But the project does not have access to the funds collected. They remain in the account of the Ministry of Culture until the target amount is reached. This is why it is essential to reach it.

  • How much time is left to reach that target amount?

Initially, the term expires at the end of 2020. It may be possible to obtain an extension of one more year, although this has not yet been confirmed.

  • What happens with the money if the funds are released?

We have a budget that specifies the destination of the funds along with an accountability system detailing their application. The program has strict controls to verify the correct use of the proceeds, while our team seeks to guarantee the economic transparency of the project at all times as a way of honoring the trust placed on us by the contributors. We emphasize that this project is not for profit. Every contribution is exclusively destined to the construction and maintenance of the Archive.